Dr. Eddie's Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo for Children, Treats Dandruff and Seborrheic Dermatitis, Clinically Tested, Fragrance Free, Stops Flakes and Redness on Sensitive Scalps and Skin, 8 oz
Brand: Happy Cappy
- Dr. Eddie's Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo & Body Wash is a pediatrician's solution to fight flaking, itching, redness, scaling, and irritation on the scalp and skin for children of all ages. These bothersome symptoms are known as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. 1 in 3 children under the age of 5 are affected by this condition.
- Many people refer to seborrheic dermatitis as "cradle cap." Pediatricians regularly recommend adult dandruff shampoos for this condition because they contain an FDA approved active ingredient to control seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Until now there was no children's seborrheic dermatitis shampoo and body wash.
- Happy Cappy is the first OTC (Over The Counter) shampoo and body wash made specifically for children of all ages with an FDA approved active ingredient, pyrithione zinc, which has been proven safe and effective for many decades for relief of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. It also contains the natural ingredient Licorice Root Extract to help soothe redness behind ears, under armpits, and in neck folds.
- Happy Cappy's gentle, fragrance free, dermatologist tested, dye free, alcohol free, paraben free, sulfate free, BPA free formula eliminates flaking while still leaving the skin and hair soft and smooth. Happy Cappy is cruelty free and vegan.
- Some will see results in as few as one or two washes, however if your child has much scale build up you may need to use this product daily for 3 to 7 days. It can also be used for a longer period of time. For thick scale build up, leave on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing. Once the scaling and flaking is under control, taper use to 2-3 times per week. Most will see significant improvement after 1 to 2 weeks of use. We suggest our Daily Shampoo & Body Wash on days not using the Medicated Shampoo.
Publisher: Happy Cappy
Details: Dr. Eddie found himself tired of recommending adult dandruff shampoos (as recommended in the pediatric literature) to fix the red, and scaly condition on very young children's scalps known as seborrheic dermatitis. These shampoo's work to address the issue but they were designed for the skin of an adult and many times have strong fragrances that are not suited to dry, irritated skin. Dr. Eddie wanted a medicated shampoo that would take care of the scaling, flaking and redness of the skin made from the ground up with the sensitive skin of a child in mind. As a pediatrician weary of using scented products on delicate skin, he developed Happy Cappy so that children now have a gentle cleansing, fragrance free shampoo that actually works to eliminate these bothersome symptoms while taking into account skin that could easily be irritated with a scented product. In his pediatric experience, many families would try oils or petroleum jelly which led to treatment failure and further frustration. Dr. Eddie wanted an effective solution that he could whole heartedly endorse to treat a common yet frustrating problem. Dr. Eddie is proud to bring you Happy Cappy! Happy Cappy is manufactured in Los Angeles at a CGMP facility. CGMP refers to the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations enforced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Adherence to the CGMP regulations assures the identity, strength, quality, and purity of drug products by requiring that manufacturers of medications adequately control manufacturing operations.
Package Dimensions: 6.1 x 2.3 x 2.0 inches